Sexy Lady

Monday, October 16, 2017

I am very particular with the scents that I will wear. I've been wearing the same scent for probably 12 years now. (Which I will share that one with you next time.) I know what I like and I usually stick to it. Within the past couple of years, I've felt that I needed a more "grown up" perfume to add to my scents. I had no idea where to start.

I hate anything floral or powdery and I feel like most female scents are floral and powdery. I hate it. I like woodsy, musky, scents with a little bit of vanilla sweetness in there or straight up vanilla.

 I remember I was walking in to Sephora one day when I was hit with the best damn smelling perfume I have ever smelled. It stopped me dead in my tracks and I knew that I had to get a sample.


Because of the fact that scents smell different on everyone, getting a sample at Sephora is one of my biggest tips when finding a perfume to wear. Get a sample and see how it reacts with your PH. Same goes for men trying to find cologne. Another tip is Scentbird. You can get large samples of designer perfumes and colognes sent to you each month for only $14.95. The samples last a really long time too! I highly recommend joining Scentbird if you're looking to find new scents. It's how I found a lot of my new favorite scents.


Some scents smell disgusting on me but smell really good on someone else. My friend wears a perfume all of the time that I'm obsessed with. Every time she has it on, I'm like "SADIE! YOU SMELL SO GOOD!" I ended up buying it for myself one time due to how I would sit there like a creep and sniff her. lol. But it smelled repulsive on me. REPULSIVE. I would start to gag because it smelled so bad. Needless to say, I gifted her with a couple bottles of it. 

Anyways, back to my favorite perfume... Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. Holy everything does it smell good. I was scared that my sample would smell gross on me like that other perfume I mentioned. It didn't. It smelled better and better the longer it was on. I was hooked. I searched high and low for the best deal on this perfume because Yves Saint Laurent is a luxury, expensive brand. Groupon was where I found it. This 3 oz bottle is the largest size you can buy this perfume in and it retails for $120 USD. Groupon had it for $70 USD. SCORE! It's authentic too, not a knock off.


The notes are Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom,Cedar-wood Essence, and Patchouli Essence.

I get the hit of coffee and vanilla right away with the vanilla being stronger than the coffee and then the longer it wears on me it becomes musky and woody with a hit of vanilla. Great descriptive words, right!? Ha! IT SMELLS SO GOOD!

I call this my "sexy" perfume because it makes me feel like a powerful, sexy, badass woman who can conquer anything she wants. Because of this, I wear it on every date and to be honest, this will probably be my wedding perfume one day. 

This perfume is strong though. Very strong. You only need a little bit on your perfume points (Inside of wrists, neck, back of knees, behind ears.) and it lasts all day. I can even smell it on my clothes days after wearing it.

I'm so glad we live in a world of perfumes. I like smelling good. What scents do you love? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan