About Time

Friday, September 8, 2017

A fact you should all know about me is that I can not pick favorites. If you ask me what my favorite "this" or "that" is, I will break down because I literally love way too many things to pick favorites. HOWEVER, I do think that I can say with almost 100% certainty that I have picked my favorite movie. 

     


I have tears in my eyes thinking about this movie. I think the trailer does an amazing job explaining the premise of this movie.

I remember years ago a friend on Facebook posted this trailer and I thought "Oh, that looks cute, I'll have to see that one." but then forgot about it's existence. Then about 3 years ago I randomly saw it on a website and I watched it, in my bed, sobbing. This movie is freaking brilliant.



About Time was written by Richard Curtis who wrote one of my other favorites and a classic- Notting Hill. (If you haven't seen Notting Hill, I don't think we can be friends... SADIE.) With that being said, it's about way more than just Love. It's about life, and how to live it to the fullest. 

Warning: Have tissues ready. I sob literally every single time and I've seen it enough times to know every line in the movie so...

Like I mentioned, I can't pick favorites. I love Tim, the main character because he's a genuinely nice guy trying to find love. I love Kit Kat because she's her own person who doesn't give any f's whatsoever. I also really, really love Harry. He makes me laugh so hard at how much he hates the world around him. His character is brilliant.

To say this movie is perfectly written and crafted is an understatement. Everything about it is pure perfection. From Bill Nighy as the father, to Il Mondo being played at the wedding. This movie will make you feel ALL OF THE FEELS. So do yourself a favor and watch it if you've never seen it.



If you're sensitive about movie ratings- it is R rated due to swearing and a few sexual references. (No nudity at all though.) DO NOT LET THAT STOP YOU FROM WATCHING THIS MOVIE. Seriously, listen to me. It's not a bad movie or dirty or anything like that. It's incredible and if you don't watch it because of it's R rating, you're a complete and total idiot. There, I said it and I mean that with every fiber of my being.

If you need someone to watch it with you, give me a call and I'll bring my DVD or my BlueRay, or even my digital copy because yes, I have all 3. 

P.s Here is a list of other movies I love (no particular order):
  • Father of The Bride 1&2 (With Steve Martin)
  • All of The Bourne movies except the one without Matt Damon
  • Oceans 11,12,13 (With Clooney)
  • Penelope
  • My Best Friends Wedding
  • Before We Go ( I hate the ending but it's still a good one)
  • The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
  • How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
  • All Of the Bridget Jones Movies
  • It's Complicated
  • Chalet Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan