San Francisco

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

This summer my sister had the opportunity to move with her family to San Francisco. Since I had never been, I decided to fork up the cash and take a little summer vacation there. It was a welcome break from the scorching  100+  summer heat Utah has been experiencing. The hottest it got the entire time I was there was maybe 80 f. It was lovely. 

I had been dreaming about going to San Francisco for so many years so I was insanely giddy the entire 2 hour flight out there. I was also giddy because the only seat on the entire flight that was empty was the seat next to mine. Hallelujah for a little bit of extra leg room! I was also giddy because the most gorgeous human being was sitting next to me. I'm pretty sure he was interested in the men though. It was PRIDE weekend in SF after-all. Nonetheless, he was nice to look at throughout the flight. 

To be 100% honest, I didn't love San Francisco. I was there for almost 1 week and I think if I could do it again, I'd go for only a couple of days. I keep having a re-occuring nightmare though where I move to San Francisco so I might end up there one day. I did however love how diverse the architecture was. All of the buildings were stunning and all so unique. I wanted to take pictures of everything! I also loved that the parks had fences around them with only one entrance in and out. I think every park needs that. 



One of my favorite moments from the trip was finally checking Driving across the Golden Gate Bridge off my bucket list. The Golden Gate Bridge was even more beautiful in person! But to be honest, I think the Bay Bridge that goes over to Oakland is prettier. I have a huge fear of being in an earthquake so the entire time I was on either bridge, and frankly the entire time I was in SF, I was in constant fear of dying in an earthquake. Thank the heavens that didn't happen. #GodIsGood



Another favorite moment was going to my happy place-- the ocean. I've always been an ocean girl. Mountains are cool but the ocean has always felt like home to me. There's something about those waves and the never ending horizon line that always makes me feel calm and safe. I can't explain it well but I feel like the ocean is a part of me. Wait, yes I can explain. It's because I'm actually Moana!


This was the first time my niece had ever properly been to the beach and I've never seen her more ecstatic over anything. I've always known she was basically me re-incarnated but seeing the sheer amount of joy radiating through her as she was chasing the waves and building sand castles, It was confirmed for sure that she and I are one in the same. She asked every day when we could go back to the beach. Girlfriend was obsessed!


Another notable moment was when we went to the Bay Area Children's Museum over in Sausalito. It wasn't the greatest children's museum I've ever been to but there was a lot of hands on activity that my niece loved. She was in heaven in their sticker room! She didn't want to leave! 



The SF Zoo was also a favorite. All of their cats (lions, etc.) were no where to be seen which was pretty sad because my niece had been talking about seeing the Lions ALL DAY and then was gutted when none of them were out. But other than that, the zoo has a wide variety of animals and we all enjoyed it! My favorite was seeing the Hippo, the Penguins, and also the Koalas!

My favorite part of the entire trip though was spending quality time with my sister, niece and nephew and creating some pretty special memories with them.

I don't know if and when I'll go back to San Francisco but I'm grateful that I was finally able to experience it! Have you ever been to San Francisco? What was your favorite thing?






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan